BUSINESS CREDIT, Business Strategies, business taxes, Family Tax Issues, General Information, RUNNING YOUR BUSINESS, Self Employed, TAX DEBT RELIEF, Tax Reduction, TAXES


Here in our Chicago South Loop Tax Preparation office, we’ve seen an increase in the number of people that have paid CPA’s to file their taxes, only to find that their taxes were never filed! Many people aren’t aware of the fact that their taxes haven’t been filed until they receive a letter or notice from the IRS requesting tax returns for the years in questions.
While you can file a complaint against professional tax preparers, the IRS still holds individual taxpayers responsible for ensuring that their tax returns were filed. Because individual taxpayers are responsible for filing their returns (and for what’s on their returns) we recommend that every taxpayer request a copy of their tax return transcript every 2-3 years. Keep reading to find out how to access your tax return transcript.
4 Ways to Get IRS Transcripts

1.) ONLINE: Access the IRS online system at Get Transcript Online . You will need to have the following:

  • A wireless phone IN YOUR NAME.
  • Most recent tax return.
  • Account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan/ line of credit or auto loan.

2.) BY MAIL: If you’re unable to register online, or you prefer not to use Get Transcript Online, you may order a tax return transcript and/or a tax account transcript using Get Transcript by Mail Please allow 5 to 10 calendar days for delivery.


3.) BY PHONE: call 800-908-9946. Please allow 5 to 10 calendar days for delivery.

4.) BY FAX/MAIL: Complete Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return to 855-298-1145, unless you live in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York,
Pennsylvania, Vermont. If you live in one of the aforementioned states, you will fax your form to 855-821-0094.
We’ve included a sample of how to complete form 4506 below.

f4506T Transcript Tax Return EXAMPLE_Page_1.jpg

Although we’ve given you the basics, this is not an all-inclusive article. Should you have tax debt help questions, need Chicago business tax preparation, business entity creation, business insurance, or business compliance assistance please contact us online, or call our office toll free at 1-855-743-5765 or locally in Chicago or Indiana at 1-708-529-6604. Make sure to join our newsletter for more tips on reducing taxes, and increasing your wealth.


Never miss another tip again! Join our newsletter, to receive tax reduction/wealth building tips delivered right to your inbox!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s